STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND
Immigrating to New Zealand gives individuals the chance to be a part of a multicultural land with breathtakingly beautiful scenery, numerous career opportunities, excellent education, healthcare, and security. Explore your New Zealand immigration options with our Immigration Consultants and Lawyers.
Interested in Overseas Education?
If any one of you is planning to study in new zealand for more than 3 months then you would need a Study visa.
Requirements: Student visa prerequisites include:
- Place approval from an educational institution approval which should be equally authorized by Newzealand Qualifications Authority.
- A composed certification from a foundation or individual that appropriate settlement is accessible to you in New Zealand (in case you’re under 18 years)
- confirmation of sufficient advantages for live on while you are thinking about an entry air ticket to your country, or verification of sufficient resources for get one.
- If you’re burning through a half year or more here in New Zealand you may should be screened for tuberculosis.
- If you’re more than 17 and proposing to be in New Zealand for more than two years, a police testament will be required to demonstrate that you are of good character.
- If your course is three months or less, you needn’t bother with an understudy visa: only a guest visa.
In the event that you have been offered a place in an endorsed trade conspires you can apply for an understudy visa for the span of your trade, if you meet our wellbeing and character prerequisites and are a certified trade member. In case you’re going ahead a working occasion plot you can complete at least one courses of concentrate as long as their aggregate length doesn’t surpass a half year.
An age requirements?
Student visa in newzealand has no age limit.
I have a working holiday visa which have used, can I still get the student visa?
Yes, these are two separate entities and you will get student visa.
Can I work on a student visa?
Once you are in New Zealand with certain conditions you will be allowed to work few hours during your study.
Will I need to provide any character documents?
All candidates for New Zealand visas should be of good character. This for the most part implies you have no criminal feelings. On the off chance that you have feelings or on the off chance that you plan on staying in New Zealand for over two years you should give police clearances from every nation for which you have citizenship. You will likewise need to give police clearances to each nation you have lived in for a long time or more since you turned 17.
How long does a visa take to get?
Immigration New Zealand recommends you allow between four and six weeks for student visa processing.
Can I take my partner with me?
It isn’t conceivable to add your accomplice to study visa as a dependant. Your accomplice should apply for their own visa to be in New Zealand in the event that he or she wishes to work or study. They have the choice of applying for a work visa as the accomplice of an understudy who is either:
- i) Studying for a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage, as specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List, or
- ii) Studying for a postgraduate qualification.
If your course of study does not fall into either of these categories, your partner will need to apply to be in New Zealand of their own accord, for example under the Working Holiday Scheme, the Essential Skills Visa or the Skilled Migrant Category. Please see the New Zealand Visas for Partners and Families page for more information.
How much does the visa cost?
Fees are subject to change and you can check www.immigration.govt.nz for more details.
- A valid passport
- A completed application form
- The application fee
- Two recent passport-sized photos
- An unconditional offer of place to study at a university in New Zealand
- Receipt showing payment of one year’s tuition fees (provided that your visa application has been approved in principle)
- Guarantee of accommodation
- Evidence of sufficient funds for maintenance, via a letter or bank statement, or completed Financial Undertaking form (INZ 1014)
- Evidence of sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket.
Will I need to provide any health documents?
With a specific end goal to be qualified for a visa for New Zealand, you should have a ‘worthy standard of wellbeing’. With the end goal for INZ to check this, you might be requested to give a restorative or potentially x-beam testament. As a global charge paying understudy, in any case, you don’t have to give any restorative records at the purpose of the application unless the understudy visa application frame (INZ 1012) or the understudy visa direct (INZ 1013) particularly demonstrates that you should. On the off chance that INZ requires a restorative or chest x-beam amid the appraisal, a visa officer will be in touch to ask for this from you specifically.
How soon can I travel to New Zealand once I get my visa?
The visa is valid immediately upon issuing, so once you have your visa you can use it to enter New Zealand.
How long will my visa last?
The visa is valid for the duration of your course if it is up to 12 months long, or for the academic year for courses that are longer than a year.
What are my obligations?
You must hold comprehensive health insurance for the duration of your stay, as only residents and holders of two year or longer work permits are eligible for publicly funded health and disability services. You also have a legal obligation to be in New Zealand on a valid permit at all times. If you fail to remain in New Zealand lawfully you may be declined a visa to travel to the country in the future.
All information is correct at the time of going to press but is subject to change. Please check INZ’s website for the most up-to-date information, at www.immigration.govt.nz.