USA STUDY VISA
The United States is known as the world’s leading student destination. It provides exceptional scope for students from all the streams to study and shine in their selected fields. Combined with an economy that is in need of new talent every year, it is the perfect destination for students who are looking to study and planning to make a life after graduation. With the help of a US study visa, it is possible to study in the country of USA.
Phoenix GRS provides authoritative support for students willing to study in US universities with a US study visa. Our understanding of the US education system and extensive experience with its study visa process make us want to study in the US.
Reasons For Study In The USA?
The universities of the US are able to offer the best possible platform to international students with a study visa. It is evident from their high rankings making it worth studying in the USA. The country’s education system provides the most thorough coursework to students with an equal priority on both practical learning and theoretical learning.
- Affordable Education
- Flexibility and Diversity
- Excellent support system for the students
- Healthy & Safe Communities
- Access to internships
- Thrilling Campus Lifestyle
Intakes In The USA
Universities in the US have 3 intakes.
Students have the option of selecting the term of their study from 3 main intakes as follows:
- Intake 1: Fall Semester – It commences in August/September & is the Utmost intake.
- Intake 2: Spring Semester – It begins in January/February
- Intake 3: Summer Semester – It commences in May/June & is only available for selected Courses.
You have to select an intake that best suits your requirements and make your application according to that. Remember the deadline of submitting applications. It is usually a few months prior to the starting date of the semester. You also have to plan your US study visa application to accord with your college application process.
Eligibility Requirements For Students In Universities of US:
- Students must be above 18 years of age.
- International students can work on campus up to 20 hours/week or less during the academic terms
- Off-campus employment needs some written form or documented authorization provided by either the USCIS or OISS.
- You need to be currently in legal status & have been registered as a student on a F-1 study visa in the US for a minimum of 1 academic year to be entitled for any form of off campus employment.
Steps To Apply For US Visa
- Apply to a US school & get accepted
- Get your school’s Form DS-2022
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
- Locate a US Embassy
- Fill out the DS-160 form online
- Make an appointment for your visa interview
- Make payment for your visa application fee.
- Attend visa interview
- Pay visa issuance fee
- Obtain Your Visa
Student Dependent Visa
The student dependent visa is known as F2 Visa. The F2 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa where the family members of the F1 student visa holders can come immediately to the US. Dependents involve spouse & unmarried children under the age of 21 who are studying in the US.
Eligibility Criteria For The F2 Visa
- Should be the spouse of an F1 student visa holder.
- Should be the dependent child of an F1 visa holder.
- Candidates need to have enough financial resources to support the family in the US
Advantages of F2 Visa
- Extension of visa stays – If the primary F1 student visa holder extends their stay, then the dependents of F2 visa will automatically be eligible to apply for the visa extension.
- Change of visa status – You can enter the U.S. on an F2 visa and at the same time you can request a change of visa status. By entering a US for higher education program in US universities, you can switch your visa status to F1.
- Obtaining a Green Card – While obtaining your Green Card when your primary F1 visa holder receives one, automatically you will also be eligible to apply for one on your own. You can switch your visa status to another which permits dual purpose (e.g., L1 visa) and then apply for a Green Card. If you become an employee, you become entitled for a Green Card.
- Healthcare Access – F2 visa holders will have access to healthcare services and hospitals in the US.
Restrictions For F2 Visa
- No permission to work
- Not entitle for Social Security Number
- Not permitted to pursue higher education
- Before the F1 student visa holder one cannot enter the U.S.
- If you are not entitled to work, you can’t get a Social Security Number (SSN).
- On an F2 visa you can’t get employment in the US. But you’re permitted to do any unpaid voluntary work
- On the F2 visa you cannot do a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in US universities.
How PhoenixGrs Can Help You?
Phoenix GRS will assist you throughout the process. Phoenix GRS consultants are well-versed with the intricacies of the immigration process of the US. Your dedicated USA Study Visa Consultant will help you:
- Recognize and gather all your documents
- Completes the checklist of visa documents
- Create your application package
- Help to fill the several forms and applications correctly
- Follow up and Updates
- Helps to prepare for the interview