Home > Study Abroad
Study visas are granted to international students. These are for candidates who wish to visit the country for their education. Every country has its own laws for immigration. They differ in terms of proof of funds, and documents required, etc. There are also various factors that are common for all study visas.
By obtaining a thorough understanding of the study visa process, you can plan ahead and complete the process without any complications.
What is a Study Visa?
A study visa is a kind of non-immigrant visa. In some countries like Canada, it is called a study permit. This visa is for those students who wish to complete their higher education abroad.
This visa will also allow you to study at a qualified education institution in the particular country.
Intakes for a Study Visa?
Intakes for a study visa in various universities are also called semesters. These are intervals during which all universities welcome new students. These generally differ from country to country.
Have a look at the intakes of three major countries.
For The USA
- August – December (Fall intakes)
- January – April (Spring intakes)
- May – August (Summer intakes)
- September (Fall term)
- January (Winter term)
- May (Spring term)
- Semester 1: February – March and May – June
- Semester 2: Late July/early August – November
- What are the Opportunities for Fall & Spring terms in the USA?
The opportunities for Fall & Spring terms in the USA can be split into 2 segments.
- Fall Term:
- Scholarship Opportunities: More scholarship opportunities for a student helps to Better networking options.
- Part-Time Work: More part-time work opportunities. Teacher assistant jobs and research works available.
- Options for Courses: Wide scale of course options available for students.
- Internship Opportunities: Applying for an internship. 9 months criteria are easily reached.
- Leadership Positions: A student can easily conduct or take responsibilities of a social group.
- Job Opportunities: Placements at universities start during fall semester.
- Spring Term:
- Opportunities of Scholarship: Scholarship opportunities are less for a student of this semester. Most scholarships are available in the spring semester.
- Part-time Work: Opportunities are less for research & on campus employment.
- Course Options: Restricted number of courses.
- Opportunities for internships: Spring students have to face the 9 month eligibility difficulties. So it is hard to enrol with a company or firm.
- Positions of Leadership: Before spring semester, there will be a formation of social groups, so it’s hard to find leadership opportunities.
- Job Opportunities: Before Spring semester, companies have employed the Fall candidates. Therefore, work opportunities are limited at this time.
Primary intake for Canadian Universities?
The primary intake for Canadian Universities is Fall semester. This intake begins in the month of September.
Documents Required for a Study Visa
The documents required for a study visa are as follows:
- Valid passport
- Proof of being a authentic student
- Payment receipts for universities
- Educational Certificates
- Proof of funds
- Statements of Bank
- Letter of Loan approval
- Letters of Scholarship
- Affidavit of support
- Results of Language proficiency
- Statement of GPF/EPF
- Report of Property evaluation
- CA certificate
- Certificate of Loan capability
- Letters of Bank
- Bank Account Statements Requirements
The bank account statements requirements are as follows:
- Scanned copies of original statements
- Documents should be Signed and duly stamped by the banks
- The statement of bank should be on the bank’s letterhead
- Must clearly state the tenure
Processing time to obtain a Study Visa?
The time required for obtaining a study visa for major 3 countries are as follows:
- Arranging a visit to the ministry takes around 3 days but might take longer.
- The Processing time for Application is between 3 days to a few weeks.
- The processing time for Canada Study Visa is around 20 days to 90 days.
- Processing time is usually around 25-30 days. It might take longer because of the high volume.
Why Choose PhoenixGRS?
Phoenix Global Resettlement Services is the best Study abroad consultant. We served around 3.5 Lakhs customers and processed over 75k successful visas.
- Visit Visa: Travel for leisure or business to any part of the world with PhoenixGRS.
- Study Visa: Study in Globally recognized selected Universities
- Work Visa: Work and settle in the World’s top cities
- Immigration: PhoenixGRS is your one-stop solution for all your visa needs & immigration needs
- PR: Become a Permanent Resident & enjoy special advantages.